Portality


Friday, February 01, 2008


Is it just me, or is Bill Simmons' next NBA article already written for him?

Let's start with the headline found on ESPN:

Grizzlies trade Gasol for Lakers' Brown


This has to be one of the most startling sports headlines I've ever read.

It took me about 15 seconds for me to get over the amazement of that headline.

One of the best low post players in the NBA for one of the biggest busts in NBA history?

Reading the article, you realize that the Lakers gave up the following:
- Kwame Brown, AKA Kwame Brown's expiring contract
- A retired player (Aaron McKie, for salary cap purposes)
- Tommie Aaron/Dom DiMaggio/Billy Ripken, I mean, Pau's brother Marc
- More than half of their draft picks between 2007 and 2010 (2 in '07, 1 in '08, 2 in '10)
- And some more cash


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home